Jun 2, 2011

Memorial day weekend

Remember how Mr. Husband has promised me fun-filled-weekends when I used to be sad and lonely in Mumbai? This weekend was the start of my fun-filled-action-packed weekends.

The long weekend started with apartment shifting. We moved to a bigger place with balcony and everything!! So dayone was full apartment shifting and new place setting. But more on that later.

The actual weekend began on Day two. Our dear friend Alok was visiting this side of the country for long weekend, so we decided to see him in Boston. We had tickets of Whale Watching at 2 PM. We reached Boston around 1:30 and first thing we did was, well of course, we had awesome seafood lunch at this small street-restaurant called 'The Reef'. We shared our Shrimp pizza and Lobster slider. It was so nice eating out in the sun! Weather wise, it was by far, my best day in US!


We hurried to the harbour to catch the cruise. It was this cute 2 storey motor boat and we found this perfect spot to stand from where we could see entire sea in front of us! Then we clicked some pics, and again few more, and yeah, some more. They drove (drove??) us deep into the sea for almost 1.5 hours and let us enjoy the Whales swimming around the boat. I could only see few tail shots and few back shots of the whale, but going that deep into the sea and coming back to the harbor itself was so amazing that I had decided that I LOVED the trip in first 10 minutes of boarding the boat! I actually felt what they meant by 'wind through your hair'. It was really an awesome experience. Anyone planning to visit Boston, I would recommend not to miss this for the world!








We landed on ground around 6 in the eve. No need to tell that it was still bright and sunny. This is the first time I'm in the US for Summer season. I had always seen snow clad roads and sunsets around 4 in the eve. But this time it was all nice and bright and shiny and warm! I was psyched to see so many people on the streets. All I was looking at were cute babies in their cute prams (I had hundreds of 'awww moments' trust me). We spent a nice hour just watching the kids playing in water. Bliss!




Then went to our favorite Quincy market looking for souvenirs and good food (of course)!! There was 'Street performing festival' going on. I am really fascinated with these street performers. Doing their act in from of live audience who are not bound to like it (coz they have not bought any tickets) is real challenging. This one guy had cutest Russian accent. His act was more on funny side than adventurous!


The fabulous day ended with fabulous seafood (yes again seafood!) dinner at "The Kingfish hall" in Quincy market. I chose sake Tuna with mashed potato on its side, Mr. Husband had fried crab with seasoned linguine and Alok had, well, what he called it as Aquarium with linguine. His dish had almost all the seafood items in it!






We had a nice stroll on the harbour and wished that the awesome breezy night would never end!

Special thanks to Alok for such a warm company! We would love to spend time with you again!

2 comments:

Snehal said...

You have such a lovely blog, Priyanka...I hope to read your posts more often :)

Priyanka said...

:) thanks Snehal!