Sep 3, 2010

Congratulations Stranger friend!

I travel to work by company bus. I think I saw her a year an a half ago.

Thin..fair..short..long black hair..sparkling eyes..n innocent look. She wore a beautiful green n orange salwaar kameez..handful of red n white bangles..thick sindoor ..n bight shiny gold mangal-sutra...From her appearance anyone would easily guess that she was newly married.

She used to board the bus 3 stops later than mine..I used to observe her getting in..I knew that she was new to the company...she had a nervous yet very cute look when she used to search for place to sit.. I used to offer her one sometimes..she used to smile back n whisper thank u..I used to nod in welcome tone..this was all the relationship we had..

I used to see her at work...sometimes in the canteen..sometimes across the lobby...she had made new friends now..the initial nervous look had taken a place of confidence n happiness...dont know why but i felt happy for she being adjusted in new place..

whenever my girl pals used to discuss about good Indian dresses or jewellerys...dont know why but I started giving her examples.."U know that punjabi girl from B block..she has this dress in white..looks much better than red"..or something like.."U the girl who gets down in Ghansoli? She has a similar bangle"..Now I have started observing her without realizing it..

n then I went to US..for good three months..of course I had forgotten about this friend-not-so-friend. When I returned, I got busy with wedding plans..n then wedding..honeymoon..settling in new place...

n today after almost 8 months I saw her again in the bus...in totally different look...she was wearing black leggings n a long red tunic...had a tiny mangalsutra...no sindoor today..but trendy bindi...no bangles..only a delicate wrist watch...hair tied in pony-tail..I was observing her more to make sure if she's the same newly-wed-newly-joined girl...n then I saw her little bump as she sat uncomfortably ..she is pregnant..

And I'm very very happy for her..just like I would be if I hear that my best frnd or my sister is pregnant.. I'm very happy for you my stranger friend..I wish you and your baby all the happiness in the world!

No comments: