Mar 16, 2013

Best. Brownies. Ever.

I proudly say that I don't like sweets that much, I have a 'meat' tooth if you will. :)

My urge of eating sweet can be satisfied by just a piece of cake or couple of rich Gulab Jamuns or a steamy cup of hot chocolate. Sometimes simply by baking cookies or whipping Shrikhand, I'm over my will of actually eating it. Last Wednesday was no different. I came across this Brownie recipe on Pinterest which said "most delicious brownies you will ever taste" and being a recipe nazi, I had to test it. :P And believe you me, they were the best Brownies I'd ever had.



The recipe is simple and quick and had lot of room to creativity. So here it is,

Ingredients:


Dry:
Sugar: ½ cup [I like them less sweet, you can go wild]
Flour: ½ cup [I used all purpose and whole wheat mix]
Baking powder: pinch
Salt: pinch
Cocoa powder: 1/3 cup

Wet:
Vegetable oil : ½ cup [or melted butter]
Eggs : 2 big
Vanilla extract : 4-5 drops

Optional:
Chopped walnuts or almonds [I used] or pistachios
MnMs 
White choco chips
Macadamia nuts

Line baking pan with baking sheet. I didn’t have it, so I used aluminum foil. Did not make a difference.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Mix oil, sugar, vanilla extract and eggs. Beat them till it forms foamy mixture.
Add in flour, cocoa powder and baking powder. Mix well. Beat for a minute or two.
Stir in optional items. [you can also spread them on top of batter, your wish]
Pour into baking pan and bake for 20-25 minutes.

Let the brownies cool down. When you reach this stage when they are wearing nerd glasses, dig in!!




This time for a change, I had couple of pieces of the sweet I baked myself. Couriered rest to darling sister! Lets see how she likes them.


3 comments:

Snehal said...

mmmm...these look good! It's funny..I have a huge sweet tooth, more like teeth. But I don't bake much. This inspires me.

Nava K said...

I am not into sweet stuffs but I bake to give away to my family and friends. Its an interesting brownie recipe, different than those I have tried before. Thus, seeing the outcome with the nuts on top, I am trilled over the flavors.

Priyanka said...

Thanks Snehal and Nava! :)