Sep 27, 2011

Happy birthday Google!!



Dear Google,

Happy 13th birthday. Can’t believe you are already a teenager now.

Feels like yesterday when you were born. We all were very new to computer world then. My dad had bought new Pentium 2 computer and we were only allowed to use MS paint and play Dave on it. I had not even heard about internet then. Later, when you were just a toddler, I read about you in newspapers. My first impression about you was “Awesome!” (I’m glad to tell, it’s still the same).

During school and college years, you were my best friend. Right from “what is internet” and “how to create e-mail ID” ; you helped me at every step. You opened a whole new world for me, I can now confess that I was overwhelmed at first and didn’t know you were curse or boon. Parents used to think that internet is only for chatting with strangers. So it was strictly no-no for kids of my age. Thanks to my dad, we never had such restriction!

Now, after a decade, I cannot imagine my life without you. My day starts with checking weather with your help and ends with talking to my family back in India over Gtalk. Let’s just not say how much I need you during the day. I’m a software professional, what else do you expect? :P

Over the years you have grown from mere search engine to major cloud computing freeware. Google talk, mail, earth, youtube, picasa and what not, every app you provide is best in its kind. (I’m not talking about Google plus, lets accept that even you like socializing on FB, don’t you?)

I really appreciate for what you have done to empower world of internet in all these years. I wish you all the luck and love for your future endeavors! Grow old and grow smart dear Google!!


2 comments:

Tanya Anurag said...

Awesome post, Priyanka. You summed up all our thoughts. I often sit back and think- how on earth did people know about things in pre-google days! Picking up the right book from shelves, searching the index, reading the content, understanding it... it all appears to be such a cumbersome task. Thanks to google, information is now just a click away :)

Happy Birthday, Google. We love you :)

Priyanka said...

Thanks for visiting Tanya!